What does a Lead Learner do?
A Lead Learner:
- Should support the department they work with (Drama – e.g. put on show etc, helping with productions)
- Help with Open Evening
- Improve attitudes to learning
- Provide subject support for younger students
- Help with homework clubs
Who can be a Lead Learner?
Students with the following qualities make ideal Lead Learners:
- Achieve within the subject
- Enjoy the subject
- Put in a lot of effort
- Can speak confidently to groups of students and to staff
- Are prepared to put time in after school
When can a student become a LeadLearner?
The timescale for becoming a Lead Learner is as follows:
- Should be students in Years 7 – 11 (KS3 & KS4)
- Chosen at beginning of academic year
- Sixth Form will have Subject Ambassadors and Subject Mentors and they will be nominated in KS5