Year 6 Open Evening 2018
I am pleased to invite you to Tarporley High School and Sixth Form College’s Open Evening on Thursday 27th September 2018 from 6.00-9.00pm.
The evening will commence with a presentation at 6.00pm by Mr Lowe, Headteacher. The presentation is designed to give you a brief introduction to the school and an overview of the transition process throughout the year ahead.
Due to capacity in our hall and anticipated numbers, once the hall is full or if you arrive after 6.00pm, you can tour the school following which you can attend the presentation which is repeated at 7.00pm.
During the evening there will be opportunities to:
- See Tarporley students at work in different subject areas
- Look at displays of students’ work
- Meet with subject teachers and support staff in different areas of the school
- Have some refreshments in the dining room
We would advise you to aim to arrive from 5.30pm. Although we are doing all we can to maximise space for cars, we are still mindful that parking on the school site is limited. If our site is full, you may be able to find a parking space in the public car park adjacent to the Community Centre on the High Street. It will be open until 10pm. There is also a larger public car park further up the High Street behind the Rising Sun public house.
On arrival, please enter the school building through our main entrance where a map of the school and a programme for the evening will be available. From there you will be directed to the school hall.
If you would like to visit the school during the day, we are holding two open sessions on Monday 1st October and Tuesday 2nd October between 9.00am and 12.30am. These sessions include:
- A tour of the school in a small group, led by some of our Year 9 students
- An opportunity to experience a number of lessons in different subject areas
- An opportunity to meet with members of the Leadership Team to ask any questions.
To book a tour, please contact Reception and a member of our support staff will allocate you with a tour time.
We look forward to welcoming you to what we hope will be an enjoyable and informative evening for you and your child.