We are proud of the Tarporley High School uniform. It represents the high personal standards that we hold as a school community. It is important for all students to have the right clothing and to wear it correctly. On behalf of the Governing Body and the staff, I thank you for your support in this.
The school has the following uniform requirements for students in years 7 to 11.
- Shirt – light blue school uniform style short-sleeved or long-sleeved shirt and school tie. The shirt must be long enough to tuck into trousers or skirt. Tightly fitting blouses are not suitable.
- Blazer – navy blue with a school badge.
- Jumper- plain navy blue v-neck jumper or a plain navy blue standard school wear style cardigan underneath the blazer as an optional extra layer. These can only be worn under the blazer, not instead of the blazer.
- Trousers – grey, standard school wear only. No stretch or jean-style trousers, jeggings, leggings or bootlegs and no wide or decorative belts.
- Skirts –grey, plain style school wear. Standard length, no shorter than 4 inches/10cm above the knee. No stretch cotton jersey. No fashion styles. The skirt must be big enough to allow for the shirt to be tucked in.
- Socks – white or grey ankle socks for girls; grey ankle socks for boys; plain design. No knee socks.
- Tights – grey only.
- Shoes – plain black, flat or low heeled suitable for school wear. No boots, trainers, canvas/fabric shoes, sandals, or large decorative buckles, bows etc.
- Coat – as appropriate for school wear, plain with a front fastening, dark-coloured, without large logos.
School Uniform Shop
At the request of parents we have increased the stock we hold to include skirts and tights. We recommend that you purchase skirts from the school as we stock a range of sizes and lengths that will enable all girls to meet our expectations of a “standard length” i.e. no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. Trutex are able to supply grey trousers throughout the school year for girls and boys in styles that are appropriate for school. Their website is www.trutexdirect.com
The following items are available from the School Uniform Shop:
- Blue Blazer with Badge £30.00
- Blazer Badge only £5.00
- Grey School Skirt £13.00
- Grey Tights (opaque/two per pack) £4 .00
- Grey Tights (thick/2 per pack) £6.00
- School Tie £5.00
- Reversible Rugby Shirt £16.50
- Football Shorts £8.50
- Black Sweatshirt £13.00
- White Polo Shirt £12.00
- P.E. Skort £16.00
- Sport Socks £5.00
- Technology Apron £5.00
- Food Technology Apron £6.00
The Uniform Shop is open during term time on a Tuesday and Thursday from 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm. However, most of the uniform items are now available to buy on line via the school payments facility on the School’s website. In the Summer Holidays our opening hours are 8.30 am – 3.30 pm (3.00 pm on Friday)